1. Why do some products show two different sizes?
2. I can’t find the product I’m looking for?
3. I have a question about a product, who can I contact?
4. The image online is slightly different to what I received, why is that?
5. Do you offer a timber cutting service?
6. Do you price match?
7. What if an item is out of stock?
8. Do you sell sustainable products?
1. Where do you deliver to?
2. Do I need to be there when delivery arrives?
3. What are your delivery charges?
4. Will you place my order exactly where I need it?
5. I have ordered the wrong item what can I do?
6. Are you FORS registered?
1. - Why do some products show two different sizes?
Timber products are often shown as having two different sizes, these are the Nominal Size and the Finish Size. The Nominal Size is the size of the product before it has been processed to its Finish Size. It is always best to check which size timber you require before you place an order. Information on the finish size of the product will be in the Technical Specification of that product.
2. - I can’t find the product I’m looking for?
We only show a selection of our products online. If you are unable to find a product you are looking for please contact your local branch and they will be able to assist you further.
4. - The image online is slightly different to what I received, why is that?
Images online may vary slightly from the actual products delivered due to natural variation in colour and screen resolution.
5. - Do you offer a timber cutting service?
Yes. We are able to offer a number of different cutting services, from cross cutting to detailed mouldings. What ever you require please contact your local branch and they will be able to assist you further. We also offer CNC Machining services.
6. - Do you price match?
Our website prices aim to be competitive, discounts may be available depending on the size of your project, these can be discussed with your local branch. Our staff members and highly experienced in pricing and our branches will always aim to be competitive and will consider any other quotes you may have already.
7. - What if an item is out of stock?
The website will show available stock, if an item is showing as out of stock please contact your local branch who will advise when the item will be back in stock.
8. - Do you sell sustainable products?
Yes, at The Timber Group we are committed to the responsible use of timber. We source all of our wood products from suppliers that have documented and carefully managed harvesting and re-plantation programmes in place. Further information can be found here.
1. - Where do you deliver to?
We currently only deliver within the South East of England. Further information on which post codes we deliver to can be found here. If you would like to order items for delivery outside of these areas, please contact your nearest branch who will be able to help you further.
3. - What are your delivery charges?
Our minimum order value is £50. Orders between £50 to £250 will have a £25 delivery charge, and orders over £250 will have free delivery. All delivery charges are excluding VAT.
4. - Will you place my order exactly where I need it?
Orders will be delivered kerbside only, this does include placing goods onto driveways and front lawns. Unfortunately, we cannot move goods by hand to other parts of the property or site.
5. - I have ordered the wrong item what can I do?
If you change your mind about the product, you can notify us within 14 days and return it to us. The return may be subject to a re-stocking charge. Any refunds will be made within 30 days of receiving your returned item. You are expected to cover the cost of returning the item and your initial delivery charge will not be refunded. Refunds will not be given if the item has been fitted, damaged or so altered that it is not fit for immediate re-sale.
6. - Are you FORS registered?
Yes, we are FORS Silver accredited. Our FORS ID is 000255-12.
1. - Can I collect my order
Yes. Simply enter in your postcode on the basket page then select 'Collect from Branch'. Due to Covid-19 we are currently only offering a pre-arranged collection service from our Ascot, Clapham, High Wycombe, Maidstone, and Hoddesdon branches.
2. - When can I collect my order?
Due to Covid-19 Click & Collect orders will be ready for collection after approximately 24 hours. Once we have received your order, we will contact you to arrange a time the following day for you to collect your order. All collections must be pre-arranged with the relevant branch – no access will be granted to the branch without prior notice.
3. - Do I need to bring anything when I collect my order?
Yes. All click and collect customers must provide the branch with photographic identification and the credit/debit card used to pay for the order, The branch will not release the order without the proof of ID and payment card.
4. - Can someone collect on my behalf?
Unfortunately, we are unable to allow anyone other than the original purchaser to collect the order, this includes builders, tradesmen and family members, We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
1. - Do I need a trade to purchase from you?
No, we are open to the trades and the public. However, if you wish to open a trade account further information can be found here.
2. - I am concerned about my privacy.